Saturday 30 August 2014

Footprints in the sand

It's been a busy couple of weeks of working and celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary so haven't had much time to craft but this weekend Rob is at Silverstone so have been crafting all day :) 

When I got back from holiday I followed another of Kathy Orta's tutorials and made an album with lots of pages and elements to fill! I've started to put our holiday photos in and enjoy filling the pockets and matting cards but struggled when I wanted to do a layout on one of the pages that is 8.5 x 12 inches using 2 photos I'd picked out, one of them being our footprints inside a heart. 

I played around with the photos, papers and embellishments but wasn't happy with the page so turned to the trusty old assistance of Pinterest and found a sketch I could adapt to the page shape and size. 
This is the finished page and I'm quite happy with it even though it is an odd size to work on :) 

I've also been making a travel folio to take with me when we go to Italy at the end of this week. I'm taking my daughter's Polaroid camera, as well as my digital one, and want to document the instants as I take them and write our itinery at the end of each day. 
Here's a sneak peek, I'll try to post more tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment