Sunday 20 July 2014

Birthday bowling

Hi, we got back from holiday on Thursday night and by Friday evening I was champing at the bit for a paper fix so went to Emma's to hash out some ideas and came away with my brain doing somersaults!!
We had lots of thunderstorms during the night on Friday which carried on into Saturday, which meant a day in my craft room :) 
Before I went on holiday I watched Kathy Orta's preview of her new Retrospection 365 project and sketched some ideas whilst sat by the pool so thought this would be a opportune time to make them.

 As these are pages with extra elements they are ideal for occasions photos where you have too many to fit onto a single or double page layout. I found some photos from Molly's 7th birthday party and the papers from last month's Studio Calico pack were just right for what I had envisioned. 
I started by making a 3 pocket cascade ( in different colours) and attached it to the left hand side of a 12x12" sheet with a hinge. I then cut a 6x12" piece from another sheet and scored it at 3/4" to fold and attach to the right hand side so that the original 12x12" page was still able to be used as such and  took inspiration from a sketch on Facebook. 
I added a journalling card in the pocket of the fold out page and made a couple of bowling balls with a circle punch and cropodile.

The rest of the photos were matted on cards to slot inside the pockets in the cascade and on the front of the pockets.
 

I'm quite pleased with how this turned out and will be doing more of these pages for other collections of photos where there aren't enough to fill a folio but too many for a basic page.

Thanks for looking and feel free to leave feedback :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment