Sunday 22 June 2014

Going back in time

Hiya, this week I've been sorting out all of the photos that were hidden under the bed. I've set myself the challenge of getting them all out of the packets and into folios so have sorted them into date order. As these are photos we had developed when we had a film camera they go back to the early days of mine and Rob's relationship, so I've started at the front of the box and made a mini folio for these.
The papers and elements I've used for this folio are by Echo park and the collection is called Reflections by Lori Whitlock.
I made an A5 sized album as I didn't have many photos to fill it with but still included pockets and matting cards inside.


I apologise for the amount of photos in this post but felt it would be good to show you the album before and after I filled it.
I had 2 sets of photos from day trips we'd taken in the same year (1992) to Cheddar and Alton towers so used the left hand side for Cheddar:

and the right hand side for Alton Towers:



As you can see, I've journalled some of my memories from those trips, even though they were 22 years ago, and felt quite comfortable writing them surprisingly!

I sometimes find it a bit restricting working on such small pages but had lots of fun making the layouts different with the use of the sticker elements and journalling cards.

The next photos in my box are our engagement and wedding photos so I will be doing lots of planning and manipulation of the folio styles to make it the way I want.

I will keep you updated as I go and will also be showing off a new project I'm working on in the very near future :)

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment